Skip to main content

Uncharted Territory

Hey everyone!  I know I didn't post during Thanksgiving week.  It wasn't because I completely derailed and fell off the wagon.  I honestly didn't have anything to report.  My weight pretty much stayed the same.  I worked out really hard that week so I could enjoy my Thanksgiving with my family and friends. 
 
I also spent a little too much time online enjoying the Black Friday sales.  I couldn't help it.  It's amazing that I actually have choices now.  Skinny jeans, leggings, platform heels... These are all things I thought I'd never be able to wear.  I tried on a outfit that I got from Macy's, and I asked my mom for her opinion.  She just looked at me with her mouth wide open.  So, I'm thinking it must look pretty bad.  She just shook her head and said, "I can't believe I'm looking at my daughter.  You look amazing."  Okay...I had to go compose myself after that.  That meant so much coming from her because she has seen me struggle my entire life with my weight.  It's support like that from her and from all of you that makes it worthwhile.
Taking the Plunge!
So, how am I doing after Thanksgiving?  I'm doing fantastic.  As a matter of fact, I have some very important news to share.  I'm heading into uncharted territory so from here until the end of my journey, every experience is going to be brand new for me.  Why is that?
 
Well, I'm at my lightest ever adult weight.  Each pound loss is another milestone.  When I was on the low carb diet, my lowest weight was 229.  It was at that weight that my physician had to remove me from the plan due to medical complications, and as you know, things went downhill from there.  I never weighed lower than 229... until today.  Thanks to hard work, dedication, a kick ass run on the treadmill combined with a hellacious kettle bell class, I now weigh 228 pounds.  And I thank the good Lord for that! 
 
It hasn't been easy lately.  I had a lot of ups and downs over the last six to eight weeks.  My weight went up.  It went down.  I stayed in the 230's for a long time, and since my weight remained the same last week, I didn't know if I was going to make my "30 by the 31st" mini goal.  Sometimes, it's difficult to stay on task when you don't see the scale move, but it didn't get me down this time like usual.  Sure, I was frustrated that the scale didn't move, but I experienced other things that gave me hope.  
  • I'm able to complete full bodied push ups.
  • I ran my fastest time and speed on the treadmill.
  • My endurance is improving.
  • My planking is amazing.
  • My shoulders, arms, and legs are stronger.
  • I actually completed 100 full squats in less than 5 minutes.
  • I wearing a size 16!
It's these observations that make it easier to buckle down, work harder, and stay focused.  I'm only 8 pounds away from my second milestone... that would be 125 pounds in less than one year. At this point, it's hard to wrap my head around it.  I mean... that really ME I'm seeing in the mirror.  I'm not looking at other people and wishing I was them.  I AM THEM.
 
Can you imagine yourself strapped with an additional 125 pounds on your back?  Can you imagine trying to go up one flight of stairs or walking to and from the bathroom?  Imagine completing your basic routine with all that extra weight.  It's difficult to comprehend, isn't it?  I was doing that everyday, and hating every minute of it.  People ask me all the time how I started this journey.  How did I make the decision to lose weight?  Believe me, when any person truly gets sick and tired of something in their life and honestly cannot live with it anymore, they will get rid of it.  That's how I stared.  I hated how I looked.  I hated how I felt, and I was just tired.  I didn't want to do it anymore.  That was my turning point, and the changes I made were gradual.  Small changes that added up to big results.  I didn't even add exercise until I knew I had my appetite and eating managed.
 
So, what's next?  Same as always.  I will continue to work out and monitor my food intake. After all, I got charms to buy and a trip to plan.  Thanks to all of you who read my blog, support me, and encourage me.  I know I've said it before, but it bears saying again.  These journey is so much easier knowing I have all of you with me.  And to those of you who are struggling with your weight or any other personal situation, please know that you have a friend out there hoping you will Find Your Way.


Comments

  1. Wtg.... keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and I promise to you that will continue to keep moving and shaking!

      Delete
  2. I am amazed at everything you do! Keep blazing down this fantastic trail you have made for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bestie! I miss you! I love you and appreciate all the kind words and support. You know me... Once I've made up my mind, it's pretty hard to get me off that path.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

33.33333333333% Never Looked So Good!

Good Saturday Blog Readers!  It's a beautiful morning in Northeastern Ohio...just in case you didn't know what I was located.  We've had a relatively mild winter - which has been lovely let me tell you.  I am hoping that Spring is right around the corner, and considering that we will have temps in the lower 60's this week, maybe we've turned the corner.  That would be great because better weather means more opportunities for outside activities. I've had an awesome week folks.  D.T. wasn't dogging my step this week.  He was amazingly absent.  Perhaps he took a long deserved vacation because he was working overtime last week.  I hope he enjoys his vaca and stays even longer.  The longer he languishes out of my sight, the better. I felt completely different this week as well.  I had amazing energy.  I pushed myself to exercise a little bit harder everyday.  I'm hoping to work my body harder each day so muscle memory won't develop.  Muscle memory bri

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to