Saturday, July 21, 2012

It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Well, another week down.  It was somethin' else.  Things seemed to be moving along great.  Last week I was firing on all cylinders.  It was the last week that my gym would be closed for renovations, so I was looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule.  Kettlebells and I were getting along great.  I remember wondering where D.T. was.  He hadn't showed up for quite some time.  I felt a bit smug.  Perhaps, I had him beat.  Yeah...right.

D.T. and his damn cousin Murphy came back for a visit.  They showed up every single day.  Little BASTARDS! On Monday, D.T. tried to convince me to step off the elliptical after 45 minutes.  I was so tired, so why don't I just check out early.  And, I thought about it too.  I mean 45 minutes is a substantial workout, right?  What's another 15 minutes?  I decided to stay on and back off on my intensity.  I was able to finish my hour and cool down.  So, at least I had him beat that day.

Tuesday was just fucked.  All the way around.  Bad day.  It was so bad that I was totally not focused during Zumba.  What the hell!  I'm never not focused, especially during Zumba.  My footwork was off.  I was distracted.  It just sucked.  D.T. laughed.  He thought it was funny, and he was winning.

I sure didn't miss you, D.T.

Wednesday...I didn't want to do anything.  I wanted to go home after work.  I didn't want to hit the elliptical again.  I was afraid that D.T. was going to laugh me off the machine.  So, I told myself, "If I'm not going to work out at the gym, I'm going to do kettlebells when I get home."  And I did.  It was a great workout, and I felt my form getting better. However, it was only 25 minutes.  I didn't do my hour.  D.T. was snickering at me.  Just like he is in the picture on the left. 

Thursday.  I needed to complete another early morning Wii workout so I needed to get to bed early Wednesday night.  Guess what happened?  Couldn't sleep.  I popped up at 2:36 am on Thursday morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep.  When 3:00 am rolled around, I just got up.  Got dressed.  Completed by Zumba workout.  I felt like hot shit afterwards (disclaimer...I've never felt hot shit before, but I'm sure it felt like I did after that).  And that feeling stayed with me all day.  When I don't get enough rest, I feel nauseous.  I felt queasy all day long.  

Shove that email up your ....!

And if that wasn't comes Murphy.  Toward the end of the work day I get this email from Murphy that says, "Due to unforeseen flooring installation problems, the gym will be closed for another week."  It will open July 30th instead of the 23rd.  Really?  Really!!  GAH!  And I had to laugh because at that point, after the week I had, I wanted to cry. 

I even took a step back to reevaluate myself.  Was I really that upset about the gym being closed another week?  Is it that big of a deal?  HELL YEAH IT IS!  My workouts mean a lot to me.  It gets me to clear my head.  It's therapy for my body and soul.  I've been out of my normal schedule for two weeks now, and I'm anxious to get it back. 

So...after all of that mental drama, how did I do this week?  Here's the crazy part. I had the third best week since I've started.  4.6 pounds lost.  81.8 pounds down.  23.7% body weight lost.  So, I'm going to shut up. 

Now that I think about it.  I'm glad Tom and Murph showed up.  I need them.  They keep me focused on the big prize.  They keep me humble and honest.  They try to hang me up, but I'll always Keep Trying.  I'm come too far to let them get the best of me. 

Next week is my 6 month anniversary.  I can't believe it's been that long.  Time is passing by so quickly.  Thanks for reading.