Skip to main content

My Heroes



Hey all!  Another week has come and gone.  We are quickly approaching the end of 2012, and it certainly has me in a pensive mood.  I've been through so many changes this year - changes that I feel are for the better.  Makes me wonder what's in store for 2013.  I'm definitely not making any predictions because that's not the kind of person I am, and I'm not a person who makes New Year Resolutions either.  If I was, I would have lost weight a long time ago because I secretly make that resolution every year and to no avail...until this year.

Funny that it was really a move to save money that kind of spearheaded my journey.  At this point, I'm grateful for anything that got my ass moving into action. And as soon as I saw positive results, my entire being just changed and I got behind this endeavor 100%.  I remember getting on that scale back on 1/28 and seeing that 15 pounds gone.  That was a huge motivator for me.  But it wasn't just the scale.  Something...or should I say someone...made a even larger impact on me.  More than that number on the scale could ever show.

My supporters.  My motivators.  My encouragers.  My listeners.  My cheerleaders.  

My friends.  My family.  My readers.  My Heroes.

I have the most amazing support system.  I am truly blessed to know all of you.  I am fortunate to have you in my corner cheering me on.  You tell me when I need to stop.  You also tell me when I need to push.  You tell me never to give up.  You tell me to let my detractors be my motivators.  You tell me to ignore the scale and listen to my body.  You tell me to enjoy myself.  You tell me to run faster and jump higher and shake it harder.  You give me advice and point me in the right direction.  You hold my hand.  You understand, and even if you don't, you empathize.  Many of you have never been in my shoes and had the weight to carry that I did, but you never let me forget that you carried it with me.  And as I lost it, so did you, and your weight became easier to bear.
 
You always tell me that I'm your inspiration.  You say, "I'm setting the example.  I'm letting people know that it CAN be done." Well, I'm here to tell you that you are all my heroes.  You never gave up  on me, even when gained all that weight I lost several years ago.  You didn't criticize, laugh or talk behind my back.  You didn't push me, and you didn't question me.  You know how I felt about gaining all that weight back and you didn't point fingers or blame me.  You accepted me.  You were patient.  You had more faith in me that I had in myself. 
 
So I will make this promise to you.  I refuse to let myself go back to how I was.  I will always work hard to continue on the path I've chosen for myself and LIVE.  I will move forward. 
 
To all my family, my friends, my Bestie Eliza, my Zen Master K.R., my mini-Zen Master H.K., Bryn, my work mom and sister, The COOL GIRLS club, my Sorors, my Frat, my readers, and anyone else I forgot...  Please don't take it personally, you are all My Heroes, and you deserve so much more than I could ever give you.  Just know that I appreciate and love you all, and I won't let myself go.  Never again.
 
On a happier less sappy note (rolling eyes), I will not be blogging next week since I'll be in VA with one of my heroes listening to the awesomeness that is Dave Matthews Band.  Only 5.6 pounds left to 220... Let's keep that momentum going.  30 by the 31st!
 


Comments

  1. I have watched you from the beginning of this journey and I could not be more prouder or happier for you! Bestie, you are my hero! Your journey is a fabulous adventure that I am privileged to be a part of! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too. I'm so happy to have your support and encouragement. You were always there to cheer me on or give me a kick in the ass. You always seem to know what I need, and I'll be forever grateful for having you in my life.

      Delete
  2. My friend, you give me something positive to look forward to every week with this blog. Thank you for being AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being you! I love ya! And I can't wait to see you this weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to