Skip to main content

33.33333333333% Never Looked So Good!

Good Saturday Blog Readers!  It's a beautiful morning in Northeastern Ohio...just in case you didn't know what I was located.  We've had a relatively mild winter - which has been lovely let me tell you.  I am hoping that Spring is right around the corner, and considering that we will have temps in the lower 60's this week, maybe we've turned the corner.  That would be great because better weather means more opportunities for outside activities.

I've had an awesome week folks.  D.T. wasn't dogging my step this week.  He was amazingly absent.  Perhaps he took a long deserved vacation because he was working overtime last week.  I hope he enjoys his vaca and stays even longer.  The longer he languishes out of my sight, the better.

I felt completely different this week as well.  I had amazing energy.  I pushed myself to exercise a little bit harder everyday.  I'm hoping to work my body harder each day so muscle memory won't develop.  Muscle memory brings on plateaus, and I'm trying to limit those as best as I can.  I added an extra day of Zumba this week by taking the class offered at my gym, and our instructor (who is also a friend) is fabulous.  She's so amazing and it makes the class even more fun since we are friends.  I'm definitely looking forward to future classes.  I'm also happy that I waited until I lost a few pounds before attending her class because she's WAY more intense than the Wii.  My sweat was in hysterics after her class, and I truly thank her from the bottom of my soon-to-be healthy heart.  She's inspiring and encouraging.  Thank you C!

I even felt lighter this past week. I was floating on the elliptical machine.  Working harder resistances, changing inclines, and not using the hand rails to keep me balanced - which is great for core strength.  In the end, all that hard work paid off with the largest weekly loss since my first week - 5 pounds!  That's right, y'all!  FIVE FREAKING POUNDS!  You damn right I'm excited!


Rolos are little pieces of
mini-awesomeness.

I have to say that keeping track of everything that goes inside my mouth as well as tracking my exercise is beyond beneficial.  It's my lifeline.  This week, I made sure to meet my calorie goals.  It's so important to feed your body when you trying to lose weight and make sure to feel it the right things...lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and complex carbohydrates.  I also enjoy treats in moderation.  I think these treats are keeping me sane.  Rolos are fabulous folks...nice sweet treats.  Give 'em a try!

And what's even more wonderful...more wonderful than the five pounds I lost...the number 3.  Three is The Magic Number this week.  Why is that?  Because I'm 1/3 of the way to my first goal.  33.333333333% is a damn good number.  I did not think I'd make it to this mini-milestone so quickly.  I am extremely ahead of schedule which is where I wanted to be in case that dreaded plateau hits.  I just didn't expect to be this far ahead of schedule.  So thank you to all of my blog followers, friends, family, co-workers, strangers and anyone else who has given me encouragement.  It is helpful and needed and very much appreciated.

So, mini-milestone has been celebrated!  On to week number #7!!  I think I'm going to send D.T. on an extended vacation.  Enjoy my lil' friend.  You're aren't missed.

On the horizon - I have a follow-up appointment with my new doctor on Monday and I'm also going to try to run on the treadmill.  I'll have to let you guys know how that goes.  My Zen Master is going to help me so keep me in your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to