Skip to main content

The Tale of Two Moods...

Happy Weekend Readers!  I hope everyone had a productive week.  As for me, I'm not quite sure how this week went.  I felt like I was two people this week.  I don't know if it was due to the monstrous achievement I had last week or perhaps it's due to a certain monthly visitor.  All I know is that I struggled all week with something I have not had too much of a problem with so far in this journey.  Usually I'm fighting with Doubting Thomas and his cousin Murphy on my workouts.  I'll admit I haven't had to much trouble with them lately. I've pretty happy with my workout choices, and I'm good at keeping things fresh and challenging myself so they have been absent for the most part. 

What I had problems with this week was my appetite. And, it's so strange.  I found myself hungry at odd moments when I'm usually not.  I have an eating schedule to make sure that I'm feeding myself every few hours to keep hunger in check and my metabolism roaring.  My calorie allowance didn't change much from last week to this week - even with the 5 pound loss.  So, why was I so hungry?  Why was I craving crazy foods?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question.  What I do know is that I fought it as hard as I could.  I worked out hard and tried to keep myself busy.  I increased my resistance workouts this week gearing up for my Kettlebell class that starts next week.  The Kettlebell instructor is the same person that leads my Metabolic Conditioning class, and she is no joke.  My burbees, push ups, and sit ups are improving, and I'm working on a new Jillian DVD.

So, to see an weight increase of 0.8 pounds this week really didn't bother me all that much.  I'm just glad I made it through this week.  I'm keeping my promise and not letting the scale bother or dictate my success or failure for the week.  Especially considering how my clothes feel.  My success this week - knowing I didn't cave to my hunger and cravings and fitting into a size 16 Calvin Klein black dress.  Now, that is SUCCESS.

Thinking back on it all, I'm glad I have these struggles.  I need these challenges. I need to have these internal discussions with myself.  Do I eat what I crave?  Or, should I eat the healthy meal that I packed in my lunch?  Should I pig out on candy or eat the fruit?  Should I eat the huge serving on Chinese food or the balanced meal of baked chicken and vegetables?  I will always have these internal discussions considering my past relationship with food.  They will always be there no matter what happens.  I'll always have to battle with myself to make sure I make the most wise and healthy choices.  In the end, I must be satisfied with the choices I've made, Settle Down, and work it out.


P.S. - There is still time to donate to Step Out for Diabetes.  The walk is next Saturday!  Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Well, another week down.  It was somethin' else.  Things seemed to be moving along great.  Last week I was firing on all cylinders.  It was the last week that my gym would be closed for renovations, so I was looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule.  Kettlebells and I were getting along great.  I remember wondering where D.T. was.  He hadn't showed up for quite some time.  I felt a bit smug.  Perhaps, I had him beat.  Yeah...right. D.T. and his damn cousin Murphy came back for a visit.  They showed up every single day.  Little BASTARDS! On Monday, D.T. tried to convince me to step off the elliptical after 45 minutes.  I was so tired, so why don't I just check out early.  And, I thought about it too.  I mean 45 minutes is a substantial workout, right?  What's another 15 minutes?  I decided to stay on and back off on my intensity.  I was able to finish my hour and cool down.  So...

My Heroes

Hey all!  Another week has come and gone.  We are quickly approaching the end of 2012, and it certainly has me in a pensive mood.  I've been through so many changes this year - changes that I feel are for the better.  Makes me wonder what's in store for 2013.  I'm definitely not making any predictions because that's not the kind of person I am, and I'm not a person who makes New Year Resolutions either.  If I was, I would have lost weight a long time ago because I secretly make that resolution every year and to no avail...until this year. Funny that it was really a move to save money that kind of spearheaded my journey.  At this point, I'm grateful for anything that got my ass moving into action. And as soon as I saw positive results, my entire being just changed and I got behind this endeavor 100%.  I remember getting on that scale back on 1/28 and seeing that 15 pounds gone.  That was a huge motivator for me.  But...

Make Time...

Happy Saturday readers.  Another week has come and gone, and it was a SCORCHER!   It's been hotter than Satan's asscrack!  I hope you all had a nice Independence Day.  It's strange when a holiday falls in the middle of the week.  It makes you feel like the weekend came too early...and then you have to go back to work.  BLAH! Anyway, I had a productive week.  I only worked Monday and Tuesday this week.  And, sadly, Tuesday was the last day my workplace gym was open for the next TWO weeks.  Some renovations are scheduled, and it will not open back up until July 23.  I am really going to miss it, and when I first heard about the closing, I was quite apprehensive.  I've been doing so well, and my workouts have become a vital part of my day.  What would I do? Luckily, the other work campus also has a gym less than 5 miles away from my location.  At first, I thought I'd be able to "hotel" at the other campus so...