Skip to main content

Change Up

Hey readers!  I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.  Mine has been pretty awesome.  As you know, today was the American Diabetes Association Step Out.  I had a great time with my friends, who also happen to be my co-workers and work out buddies.  We killed that 4 mile walk - which actually ended up being 3.59 miles.  We even took the healthy detour, which took us down into the flats in Cleveland.  That also means a hefty downhill and uphill walk, and I smoked them both.  Considering that we were walking with hundreds of people, we were able to make good time and got done under an hour. 
 
 We even made a pit stop at the Cleveland Cavaliers Team Shop.  I needed some new slim gear to wear to the games this year.  It felt great to be able to buy a ladies jersey with my favorite player's name and number.  I've never had that experience before.  I'm even happy to be able to go to the games this year.  I used to worry about having to go through turnstiles and even sitting in the seats in the arena.  I would avoid going to games because  I was afraid that I would get stuck or wouldn't be able to get through the turnstiles or sit in the seats.  It feels great knowing I can go to many places I love that I used to avoid before.  Losing weight have given me freedom to pursue many things that I've always wanted to do.
 
Speaking of being able to do new things, I finally reached a major walking/jogging goal.  I was able to complete 4.02 miles in one hour this past Tuesday.  I have never sweat like that in my LIFE!  It was exhilarating.  I was so pumped from that run that I even decided to add a Jillian's 30-day shred session when I got home later that day.  Crazy.. but I was feeling it.  I also felt like I needed to give my body a little shock this week.  I've been bouncing about lately so it was time to change things up a bit.  Jillian is definitely making a difference.  When I first tried that DVD, it was very difficult... and it's only 20 MINUTES.  Now, it's getting better, but still tough.  And I haven't even attempted workouts 2 or 3 yet.
 
I'm definitely going to add walk/jog/run intervals back into my workouts.  The weather is getting cooler out so I won't be able to exercise outside on Saturdays.  I need to make sure to keep my runs in during the winter so I can keep training and getting my body accustomed to running.  I want to have a really good time for the 10K that's coming in May.
 
All in all... it was a good week.  My first kettlebell class with a certified trainer was awesome.  We had an assessment up front - which was really challenging.  Then we began the workout portion.  The format was 45 seconds on, 15 second rest for each exercise with the kettlebell.  We will be doing many different exercises working all parts of the body and using various weights.  I'm loving all of it. Great workout... and great sweat.  My fat was in hysterics this week I tell ya!
 
So, I'm going to be working real hard to get that goal of 30 pounds by the end of 2012.  I want those Tiffany charms bad, and I'm only going to get them if I reach my second milestone at the end of the year.  It's going to be hard since I've been up and down lately, but I'm going to make it.  I am determined.  I WILL make it happen.  I'm a Go Getta.  I get what's mine!

Comments

  1. You are going to get that Tiffany charm bracelet because of all your dedication! I know you will blow that goal out of the water!!! I love reading about all of your workout routines and classes, you are inspiring your readers to see what is out there for them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're welcome. But I really should be thanking you for all the wonderful words of encouragement. Everyone has been so supportive.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

A Diet By Any Other Name...

Folks, you better hold on tight.  It's about to get a bit bumpy.  It's time for my first rant, and it's a doozy.  I went to my physician today.  I needed to get a form signed so I could join the fitness center at my work location.  I also wanted to discuss my medications since I was having trouble with one of them, and I didn't want it replaced with another.  I wanted to work on my diabetes with the meds I already take and include better food choices and exercise. So, I explained why I was there, and that I didn't want to take any more meds.  I wanted to get off the meds.  Doc was on-board as long as my blood work didn't show any dire situations.  So far so good. I then asked Doc if it was possible that I could get off all my meds by losing weight, and Doc said absolutely.  Again...good news. So, Doc started checking my over.  Getting my vitals and such asking how I'm planning on losing weight.  I stated that I had been on a low-carb diet before (no