Skip to main content

The Revolt is Over

Long time...no see, right?  It feels like I haven't posted an entry in forever.  I missed these entries because it's a way for me reflect on how my week went and it also keeps my honest and accountable.  And, can I just say that these two week were very trying!  My goodness!  My body completely revolted against me, but you know what? I gained control, and the revolt is over.  Let me fill you in.

First up... the biometric measure test that I took on Wednesday, 8/22.  If you are new to the blog, check out the biometric page.  I also posted the full results so you can view them there.  I was aiming for 3 out of 5.  Secretly, I was hoping for 4 out of 5.  Good news was that I did make 3/5 so I will get some savings in 2013.  I am disappointed in my glucose test since I had tested within range earlier in the year.  But, I'm taking what I can get.  This is great news considering I wasn't planning on doing anything when these tests were first offered to us.  I am proud that I was able to get three vital measures down within range in 7 months.   I am definitely going to enjoy the extra money in my paycheck.  It's like a raise for being healthy. :)  Next year, I'm going 5/5!

On Wednesday, my Zen Master also suggested a way for me to reach 4 miles in an hour on the treadmill.  Run a quarter mile.  Walk a quarter mile.  At first I thought... W.T.F?!?!?  How on earth am I going to do that?  Well, my body did it.  I didn't make 4 miles, but I did reach 3.9/hour.  My body paid for it after.  I hurt so bad.  But, I was also happy because I was able to run a quarter mile.

Next up... Pittsburgh trip.  It started off great.  I was having a lot of fun and enjoying myself.  On the eve of my birthday, I ate a Chicken Caesar salad... which pretty much took me out of commission ON my birthday and for several days after.  Something in that salad did not agree with my body, and it rebelled...EVERYWHERE!  Getting food poisoning is not the ideal way to lose weight, and in case you're wondering if I did lose... NOPE.  I'm glad too.  I definitely don't want to lose weight that way.  So, to sum it up, birthday is definitely postponed to another day. I'm going to just act like it didn't happen... although it did.

Getting sick was really unfortunate, and I was certainly worried.  I had already decided to take more than one day off during my birthday break, and I was concerned about how that would affect my body when I decided to start again. I haven't gone more than one day without working out so it was troublesome for me think about.  Now, with my illness, I ended up not working out for a whole WEEK.  It was EIGHT days to be exact. 

I wanted to make sure by body was ready because I was so weak.  So, on Friday I told myself I'd do Zumba.  At first, I was wheezing a bit.  No joke.  But by the second song, I got my wind back and completed my normal 1 hour routine.  My knees hurt later in the day, but I just made sure to rest and drink plenty of water.  I also decided that I was doing to walk/run on Saturday.

I was feeling ambitious this morning so I did the quarter mile intervals again.  AND I rocked it.  I didn't get 4 miles/hour, but I did finish with my best outdoor run time to date.  In fact, I was running .3 mile intervals in the tail end of my run.  So, my conclusion... I'm not winded, and I can run for longer intervals.  .3 will turn into .5 and so on. 

So, after all that body drama, what did the scale say?  I lost 0.2 pounds.  How do I feel about that?  I really don't know.  It was my birthday.  I was celebrating.  Was I recording everything?  Absolutely not.  Was I eating absolutely crazy?  No.  Did I have birthday cake and birthday ice cream cake?  Yes.  Was it ridiculous pieces?  No.  So, I say these last two weeks were a wash.  My body was doing whatever the hell it wanted, and I'm taking control back.  I'm tried to sitting in one place, and I've been in one place for almost a month.  Body, you better listen up.  I'm taking control back.  Get ready.  It's Payback time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

33.33333333333% Never Looked So Good!

Good Saturday Blog Readers!  It's a beautiful morning in Northeastern Ohio...just in case you didn't know what I was located.  We've had a relatively mild winter - which has been lovely let me tell you.  I am hoping that Spring is right around the corner, and considering that we will have temps in the lower 60's this week, maybe we've turned the corner.  That would be great because better weather means more opportunities for outside activities. I've had an awesome week folks.  D.T. wasn't dogging my step this week.  He was amazingly absent.  Perhaps he took a long deserved vacation because he was working overtime last week.  I hope he enjoys his vaca and stays even longer.  The longer he languishes out of my sight, the better. I felt completely different this week as well.  I had amazing energy.  I pushed myself to exercise a little bit harder everyday.  I'm hoping to work my body harder each day so muscle memory won't develop.  Muscle memory bri

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to