Skip to main content

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Happy Fall Everyone!  I have to admit I'm supercharged this morning, and there are several reasons why.  First, we are entering my favorite season of the year. I love Fall.  I love the colors.  My favorite holidays are in fall (Halloween and Thanksgiving).  I love the cool temperatures and the clothes.  I love all the fun activities.  Fall is just a time for getting comfy.  To celebrate fall, I've decided to have a spot of tea while writing the blog.  I'm all in the spirit today.  Got London on the mind hence the tea.  It's not Earl Grey or Twinnings, but it'll do.

As for the other reason... I've hit a rather important milestone today.  It's been on my heals teasing me for well over a month, and we've been dancing around each other like we're partners in the Tango.  Well, I finally tackled it this week, and believe me, it was a pain-infested, brutal, no-holds bared battle to the finish, and I won!  That's right.  100.4 POUNDS DOWN!  GONE!  VANISHED!

It wasn't easy either.  I started the week off good, but on Tuesday I got a pneumonia shot when I went for a check up with my doctor (more on that visit later).  It's a muscle shot so I got it in my right arm.  It didn't hurt.  No big deal.  Well, that same day I went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy a 20 lb Kettlebell.  I need to increase the weight because some of my workouts that work big muscle groups were getting too easy.  I needed to step it up.

That evening I did Jillian's Kettlebells, and I started her 30 day Shed video.  Could finish it. HOLEY COW!  Those two workouts will never be combined.  I was tired and sore.  My right arm was aching.  The next morning, I'm stiff. My right arm is throbbing, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to workout.  I decided to hit the elliptical since it would leave my arm alone.  I'm a bit sad about skipping Metabolic Conditioning...until my two great friends come in the gym while I've been on the elliptical for almost 30 minutes.  So, I take a quick mental body check.  I'm feeling warmed up.  I can move my arm.  Let's do this.

And I did.  Metabolic Condition in like a cross fit class.  Google Cross Fit if you're curious.  I did four circuits of 15 lunges with a weighted bar, 30 Kettlebell swings (she ended up giving me a 30 lb Kettlebell), and 15 jumps on a riser (think step aerobics).  Ended the day with slight fever and body aches. 

It took all week for my arm to get back to normal.  I still worked out...just no weights.  Stiff muscles in my neck and shoulders were pretty intense.  But I muddled through.

So, how do I feel this week?  Well, my moodie for the week should explain it.  I'm ecstatic.  I feel accomplished.  I feel ready to tackle the next 100 (maybe...we'll see).  I feel I've got a really good handle on my eating habits.  I notice that when I go out for meals, I make really conscious choices.  I into consideration my portion sizes.  I split my meals in half.  I offer to share with others.  For example, my family went for Chinese last night for dinner, and I had a great time.  I had General Chicken but I decided to go with brown rice instead of fried or white rice.  I left the soy sauce alone and avoided the extra sauce that was on the chicken.  I still enjoyed it, but I knew that the decisions I made were good ones.  I've come a long way.

So, what's next?  Keeping Calm...Moving On sums it up.  I'm over my mid-way point.  I have 85 pounds to go to reach 160, and I still work on getting rid of the meds.  My doc says I'm doing great.  I'm doing so well that I don't have to see him until next year in March (SIX MONTHS!).  At that appointment, I'll talk to him about what can be done to get rid of these meds.  To me, that seems to be the more challenging task...especially the blood pressure pill and diabetes med.  But I'm determined.  I don't want to take any medicine.  I want to be able to manage my health with diet and exercise.

Now for some FUN!  I have decided to reward myself for this achievement... AND it's not Tiffany related (SHOCKER!)  What is it?  Stay tuned.  I'm keeping this one to myself because most won't understand or will probably think it's stupid.  I could care less.  I've coveted this item for a very long time, and I decided to reward myself.  When it arrives, I'll post it.  I like being mysterious.

Some more FUN... One of my very dear friends and supporters challenged me to lose 100 pounds by October 9th this past Monday.  She said that she'd wear one of my blog t-shirts twice a week for a month if I did.  G, get online and order that tee.  :)  I hope it doesn't get too stinky!

Before I sign off on this epic post, I want to thank all of you...all of my family, friends, and readers who I don't know.  I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts.  You help me stay focused.  You keep my eye on the big prize... a better quality of LIFE.  That's the ultimate goal.  A better life for me and all of my loved ones.  Thank you from the bottom of my healthier heart (see... he's jumping!) and I feel good cause I Got (All of) You!

Comments

  1. You are such an inspiration!! I am beyond proud of you and your dedication to your healthier life!!!! I love you bestie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bestie! Again, your comments are so appreciated. I couldn't do this without your support. You may not think you do much, but you really do! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to