Skip to main content

Murphy's Law...it BLOWS!

Every heard of Murphy's Law?  I'm sure most of you have, and for those of you that haven't, Wikipedia explains Murphy's Law as "an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: 'Anything that can go wrong will go wrong'."  My dad always talks about Murphy's Law.  He reminds me to have a Plan B just in case what you have planned doesn't work out. He's a very smart man.

Well, why am I talking about Murphy's Law?  I swear once D.T. heard that I was working to get under 300 pounds before my vacation, he called up his cousin Murphy, and they both did a number on my ass!  It's totally bizarre...but true.  And, I feel it's a complete mental mind fuck.  Although I give my mental detractor a name (D.T and now he has a side-kick Murphy), I know that I only have the control to kick them out and move on.

So, why did D.T. and Murhpy show up?  I really think I opened a can of worms by taking a day off last Saturday (hence the moodie pic).  I know...I know!  It's good to take a day off every now and then.  And, I need to learn to accept that day off as the treat it is instead of feeling guilty.  Because every time I decide to take a day, the following week is SHIT-tastic!
  • Sunday wasn't too bad.  I decided to do a different Zumba routing at home.  I really didn't like it, but got through it.
  • On Monday, I didn't feel like running.  I had such a great week prior that I was afraid I was going to suck so I did the Elliptical instead.  It was a good work out.
  • Tuesday was HORRIBLE!  I decided to do interval on the treadmill, but I went near lunch time.  BIG MISTAKE!  I was completely distracted.  There was a wait for the machines since everyone works out at lunch...and everybody wanted one, and although I did get a machine without waiting, it died on me 15 minutes in, and I had to finish on another...and everyone was waiting.  SO NOT FEELING IT!  I didn't finish. 
  • Wednesday was the elliptical again, and I wasn't feeling it.  HARD ASS workout.  I finished...barely.
  • THURSDAY saved me.  It was Zumba day, and it was tough.
Now, by time Friday morning rolled around, I was still the same weight as I was on Saturday so I gave up on the idea that I'd get under 300 this week...

Funny thing that Zumba... On Friday, I did my favorite routine and washed my car afterwards.  High activity day.

So, Saturday rolls around.  I get up early because I was participating in the Cleveland Diversity Walk and had to be downtown at 8:00 am.  I get on the scale because I must report my weight today for all my lovely readers.  And...what did I see??????



What the FUCK, folks??  I mean, really!  Seriously!  299.4 lbs?  What the heck happened between Friday morning and Saturday morning that made me lose 2 pounds?  What was so different between what I did all week, and what I did on Friday?  Of course, I laughed because I know I did it to myself.  I really believe that I mentally sabotaged myself this week.  As soon as I'm like "FUCK IT!  I'm over it and moving on.", my body says, "Ok...let's give her a boost."  So, thank you body, you crazed she-demon from hell.  I'm dedicating this song to you because you sure like to Doowutchalike

I do love these crazy weeks!  I'm off on vacation this coming weekend so although I'll be able to update my weight, I won't have time for a blog entry, and I'm not dragging my laptop on vacation.  Wish me luck!! 

I also need to post new pictures since I'm down another 15 lbs!  I'll get to it this week before I leave.

**Special Note** Congratulations to my Sister from another Mister, DesigningLC!  She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today.  Sending blessings and love to her, her husband and Sofia! 
She's a healthy 8 lbs 10 oz!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

33.33333333333% Never Looked So Good!

Good Saturday Blog Readers!  It's a beautiful morning in Northeastern Ohio...just in case you didn't know what I was located.  We've had a relatively mild winter - which has been lovely let me tell you.  I am hoping that Spring is right around the corner, and considering that we will have temps in the lower 60's this week, maybe we've turned the corner.  That would be great because better weather means more opportunities for outside activities. I've had an awesome week folks.  D.T. wasn't dogging my step this week.  He was amazingly absent.  Perhaps he took a long deserved vacation because he was working overtime last week.  I hope he enjoys his vaca and stays even longer.  The longer he languishes out of my sight, the better. I felt completely different this week as well.  I had amazing energy.  I pushed myself to exercise a little bit harder everyday.  I'm hoping to work my body harder each day so muscle memory won't develop.  Muscle memory bri

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to