Well, why am I talking about Murphy's Law? I swear once D.T. heard that I was working to get under 300 pounds before my vacation, he called up his cousin Murphy, and they both did a number on my ass! It's totally bizarre...but true. And, I feel it's a complete mental mind fuck. Although I give my mental detractor a name (D.T and now he has a side-kick Murphy), I know that I only have the control to kick them out and move on.
So, why did D.T. and Murhpy show up? I really think I opened a can of worms by taking a day off last Saturday (hence the moodie pic). I know...I know! It's good to take a day off every now and then. And, I need to learn to accept that day off as the treat it is instead of feeling guilty. Because every time I decide to take a day, the following week is SHIT-tastic!
- Sunday wasn't too bad. I decided to do a different Zumba routing at home. I really didn't like it, but got through it.
- On Monday, I didn't feel like running. I had such a great week prior that I was afraid I was going to suck so I did the Elliptical instead. It was a good work out.
- Tuesday was HORRIBLE! I decided to do interval on the treadmill, but I went near lunch time. BIG MISTAKE! I was completely distracted. There was a wait for the machines since everyone works out at lunch...and everybody wanted one, and although I did get a machine without waiting, it died on me 15 minutes in, and I had to finish on another...and everyone was waiting. SO NOT FEELING IT! I didn't finish.
- Wednesday was the elliptical again, and I wasn't feeling it. HARD ASS workout. I finished...barely.
- THURSDAY saved me. It was Zumba day, and it was tough.
Funny thing that Zumba... On Friday, I did my favorite routine and washed my car afterwards. High activity day.
So, Saturday rolls around. I get up early because I was participating in the Cleveland Diversity Walk and had to be downtown at 8:00 am. I get on the scale because I must report my weight today for all my lovely readers. And...what did I see??????
What the FUCK, folks?? I mean, really! Seriously! 299.4 lbs? What the heck happened between Friday morning and Saturday morning that made me lose 2 pounds? What was so different between what I did all week, and what I did on Friday? Of course, I laughed because I know I did it to myself. I really believe that I mentally sabotaged myself this week. As soon as I'm like "FUCK IT! I'm over it and moving on.", my body says, "Ok...let's give her a boost." So, thank you body, you crazed she-demon from hell. I'm dedicating this song to you because you sure like to Doowutchalike!
I do love these crazy weeks! I'm off on vacation this coming weekend so although I'll be able to update my weight, I won't have time for a blog entry, and I'm not dragging my laptop on vacation. Wish me luck!!
I also need to post new pictures since I'm down another 15 lbs! I'll get to it this week before I leave.
**Special Note** Congratulations to my Sister from another Mister, DesigningLC! She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today. Sending blessings and love to her, her husband and Sofia!
She's a healthy 8 lbs 10 oz!!