Skip to main content

I'm Back!!

Hi Readers!  Did you miss me?  It's nice to be back home and sleeping in my own bed.  I tell you...although my accommodations in Charleston, SC, were absolutely amazing, there is nothing like returning to your own bed for a restful night of sleep.

I had a good vacation.  I did some shopping...actually, I did a a lot of shopping.  I did some eating... AND...I walked.  A LOT!  If you ever get a chance to go to Charleston, I highly recommend it.  It's the perfect city to see on foot.  I went to college there so I'm very familiar with the city.  It was great to be back.  Charleston was very good to me when I was in college.  I love that city!

I was really excited to get on the road and arrive at Wild Dunes.  We stayed in a private residence condo.  It was lovely and spacious.  Just a hop from the beach.  I'm not a beach person so I really only went out there once to take a few photos.  I was really excited because Wild Dunes has two gym facilities, and I would be able to get my work out on while I was there.  Unfortunately, I found out the the gym was only for resort patrons and I didn't have access to it.  So, Plan B...I decided to utilize the many walking paths on the property.  That turned out to be the best thing ever!

Seriously...this freaked me out
when I saw it.
The trails were nicely maintained.  I walked every day I was there!  Such beautiful scenery...even say some unexpected things.  Like the possibility of alligators???  Luckily, I survived,and there were no alligator sightings.  There was a deer sighting though.  A rare Piebold deer!   I walked about 1 hour 30 minutes each day.
This deer family was a lovely sight to see.  There were six of them.  Rather nosy if you ask me... #js
Happy Feet!
On Tuesday, I decided to be a bit more ambitious and I travelled into Mt. Pleasant.  I wanted to walk across the beautiful Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge.  According to my Nike run app, I walked about 5.45 miles walking across and back.  It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed it very much.  I'd definitely do that again.


So after all was said and done...I lost quite a bit of weight while I was on vacation.  And believe me, I was eating.  I ate at Hyman's Seafood Restaurant, which was voted the best seafood restaurant in SC. I was rather excited to eat there too.  I could never afford to eat there while I was in college.  They definitely had the best hush puppies I've ever tasted.  I even purchased some hush puppy mix so I could make them at home.  I also ate at my one of my favorite college spots, Wild Wing Cafe.  It was awesome to eat Honey Mustard and Gold Rush again.  I also had a small Ben and Jerry's sundae as well as deep fried cheese cake bites, but I made sure to share the bites with my dinner companions.

 So, my vacation was a success.  I was hoping to maintain my weight and made adjustments on my LiveStrong App to help along the way.  I didn't track everything I ate because it was difficult to know exact measurements.  Sometimes I split my meals into two or three servings.  I also made sure to have a nice breakfast or lunch at the condo that I prepared myself every day. 

It's a great feeling to know that I was able to keep myself on track while I was away and have a good time too. So in honor of retracing my college roots, I'm going to end this entry with a bit of Dave Matthews Band...What Would You Say?  I say I'd love some more cheesecake bites right now :)  YUM!!

C-O...U-G...A-R-S!!

Rainbow Row, Charleston, SC






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to