Skip to main content

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good. 

So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The Cleveland Marathon was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to see how she did, and when she texted me last Sunday telling me that she finished and her time, I was so proud of her!  She said, "Next year, you're running with me."

Now, I'm thinking...No way, Jose!  I can't run a half marathon. At least, not next year.  I'd like to run one eventually.  It's on my Bucket List.  She suggested I check out the website for next year's race to see what type of runs were available, and I saw a 10K run was available.  10K = 6.2 miles, and you can either run or walk.  Now, I know I can walk 10K...but can I run a 10K within a year?

HELL YEAH I CAN!  And I signed up for that bad boy!  I entered by first run!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I know I can do this.  I have a whole year to train and get my weight down and endurance up.  If I can walk 10K in less than two hours, then I know I can finish 10K in 90 minutes or less a year from now.

I feel so much more confident and capable, and I'm full of energy.  As a matter of fact, when I was unpacking from my vacation last week, I decided to get ride some of my clothes that were too big.  I didn't store them in a crate, I donated them to charity.  They are gone!  I do not want them here as a crutch.  I don't want to go back to that, and I know you will be there to make sure that I don't.  Remember, you guys have those permission to whoop my ass cards, so use them if I start acting all crazy.

I'm inspired beyond belief, and I know I have the faith and the Power to keep going.  As long as I have God on my side, and all of you cheering me on, I'll keep calm...and MOVE ON!



Comments

  1. Awe that was so sweet:) I am proud of you. I know that is big leap to sign up for a run but I know you can do it! I will even come be your personal cheerleader at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G! I'm going take your offer as cheerleader!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

33.33333333333% Never Looked So Good!

Good Saturday Blog Readers!  It's a beautiful morning in Northeastern Ohio...just in case you didn't know what I was located.  We've had a relatively mild winter - which has been lovely let me tell you.  I am hoping that Spring is right around the corner, and considering that we will have temps in the lower 60's this week, maybe we've turned the corner.  That would be great because better weather means more opportunities for outside activities. I've had an awesome week folks.  D.T. wasn't dogging my step this week.  He was amazingly absent.  Perhaps he took a long deserved vacation because he was working overtime last week.  I hope he enjoys his vaca and stays even longer.  The longer he languishes out of my sight, the better. I felt completely different this week as well.  I had amazing energy.  I pushed myself to exercise a little bit harder everyday.  I'm hoping to work my body harder each day so muscle memory won't develop.  Muscle memory bri