Skip to main content

My Body Playin' Tricks On Me!

Wow!  As you can tell by my moodie and the title of this post, I had one hell of a week.  It's been a tough few weeks lately, and I am definitely proud about how I've handled the curve balls that flew at my head.  Actually, I had some fast balls the nailed me right in the face.  And they were all thrown by D.T. who hasn't let up on me at all.  He keeps telling me to stop, and I keep P.U.S.Hing on.  I give him the boot, and he gets a second wind and comes stomping back to discourage me.

This week, Doubting Thomas tried another tactic. Instead of attacking my mind, he worked on by body.  He started on Sunday.  He knew I decided to take a very rare day off on Saturday so he saw a window of opportunity.  I swear he jumped on my back making my Zumba workout extra tough.  On Monday, he tripped me up on my interval training on the treadmill.  Asshole!  I was huffin' and puffin' trying to increase my distance to 3.4 miles and only made it 3.3.  He stood there smirking at me. 

Tuesday - I hit the elliptical hard and told him to bugger off.  I was able to boot him pretty good, and had my best elliptical workout to date.  I figured I hit my stride so Wednesday will be great, right?  Right???  WRONG!!

What a jerk!  I can't
stand you!
Wednesday would be the date that I hit 3.4 miles for sure.  I was lucky to get 3.25.  D.T. laughed at me the whole hour I was on that treadmill.  At the 30 minute mark, I almost stopped the treadmill and joined him in ridiculing me.  He was doing such a good job at it, maybe he'd like some company.  But...somehow I found the strength to pull it out.  He just stood there grinning at me...BASTARD!  ----->

Thursday....Thursday was just BLAH!  I swear he was jabbing me in my thighs with a hot poker.  My legs were like jelly.  My calves...burning.  I barely finished the elliptical.  No Zumba on Thursday this week due to work commitments.  I was just happy to get my 65 minutes in. 

I struggled all week, and I did weigh myself periodically because I felt so out of wack and could get in my groove.  I felt slugglish...heavy....bloated.  I even gained two pounds during the week.  I didn't even freak out about it.  I knew the inevitable had arrived...my first gain. I was cool with it though, and I'm being totally honest.  I was just proud that I kept eating right and stayed with my workouts.

Funny thing...on Friday, I did my Zumba workout on the Wii.  Saturday, I did the elliptical at home.  These workouts were much better.  And, my weigh in on Saturday...2.8 pounds down.  W.T.F?!?!  My body is crazy.  And it sure is...you know what happened on Saturday ladies...let's just say the bloating and sluggish feeling was totally explained.

So, my body behaves crazily during that time...similar to a lot of women.  D.T. will be trying to derail me this week, but I won't let him.  I'm going to hit that 3.4 mile mark.  It may not be this week, but it will come.  I don't need to change to a (The) New Workout Plan.  I'm doing just fine...FUCK you very much, D.T.!

P.S. - Blood pressure is down quite a bit to 118/74...that's even better than the norm.  And...I hit the 10% mark in weight lost.  D.T.'s was foiled again!

Comments

  1. Doubting Thomas deserves a kick in the butt! You made it through the week and still lost weight, way to go YahYah! I cannot wait to hear about last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a tough couple of weeks, and I'm trying to not let him get to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to