Skip to main content

How Full Is My Glass??


Good day Blog Readers!  I'm happy to say that week 10 went a hell of a lot better than week 9.  Work is still very busy, but I like it that way.  It keeps me busy, and it makes the day past quickly. 

This week resulted in my fastest 3K walk-run.  I'm made it up to 3.3 miles in 60 minutes so each week I'm going to push for a 0.1 mile increase in an hour.  So, by the end of next week I should be at 3.4 miles.  I was also able to run for 2 minutes straight.  I also feel that my running posture is getting better.  I'm paying attention to how I place my feet when I walk and run, making sure that I lead with my heel and keep my head elevated.  It really makes a difference and harbors less stress on the body. 

So, have you noticed my moodies?  They are pretty good at visually describing how I've been feeling.  My mood for this week is very optimistic.  In fact, I'd say my glass is over half-full.  And why is that?  Because I'm over half way to my first goal.  I need to lose 61.2 pounds to reach my first goal, and I only have 27 pounds left to go!  YAY!

I must admit that I never expected to lose as quickly as I have, and I know the weight loss will taper off soon.  I can't lose at this clip forever.  In fact, I've been losing more weight these last few weeks.  This all correlates to when I started my interval training twice a week on the treadmill.  Each week, I've lost more and each week I've pushed for a faster time so I'm increasing intensity.  I also make sure to keep tabs on my heart rate to make sure I'm not overdoing it.  I want to work out safely.

So, perhaps I'll be visiting Tiffany's sooner than planned.  As a matter fact, there's something I need to share with you...and it starts with this picture.
When I realized that I was losing consistently and it was possible I'd meet my first goal early, I took it upon myself to research a bit about how I wanted to visit Tiffany's & Co. in Pittsburgh (closest store location).  I emailed the store and told them what I wanted, and let me tell you...they were very excited about my plans. 

So about a week later, I looked on-line for the first charm I wanted to purchase.  Let me revive your memories in case you don't remember.  I decided to purchase this one before the Tiffany Bag charm because it's availability may be scarce since it's designed by Paloma Picasso (Pablo Picasso's youngest daughter).  Picasso is one of my favorite artists so I wanted something to remind me of him and Spain - where I was able to view some of his famous work in person. Sadly, I discovered that the charm could not be found anywhere on the website.  I called Tiffany's Customer Service to inquire about the charm, and was informed that the charm was out of stock, and there wouldn't be any available until June.  I then asked about charm availability in the stores, and the service rep stated that they could not guarantee that the charm would be at the Pittsburgh store when I went. However, if I really wanted the charm, I could reserve it and it will be sent to me when it's in stock in June.

I must admit I was a bit nervous about reserving the charm.  If I do this, will I be jumping the gun?  Will this act cause me to derail on my journey?  Am I being too optimistic...or arrogant at my success thus far?  In the end, I decided to reserve it, and when it arrived in June, I'd just hold it and not open it until it was time for my First Goal Celebration.

To make a long story short, I was surprised to find an e-mail from Tiffany & Co. stating that the charm was on it's way several months early. OH NO!!!  I'm doomed!  (Don't worry...I'm internally smirking at myself over my silliness)  Actually, I decided to get the Wardens (my sister and niece) involved.  They were given strict instructions. 
  • When the package is delivered, take it and hide it.
  • If I ask to view the box, they can bring it to me.  But I can't open it.
Can I just say...they took it a step further.  I asked to see the box today.  They had to have a mini-conference before my niece retreived it wherever it was hidden.  They wouldn't let me touch it.  I couldn't even hold it or look at the label of the box.  My sister put it on the table, and I was able to take a picture of it so I could share it on the blog with you, and then I promised her I'd deleted it. And I did.  I deleted it on my phone, and now she's looking at me sideways because it's still on my computer...so obviously I better erase it on my laptop...or ELSE!

I have to thank my sister and niece for taking this task very seriously.  I appreciate their support.  That little box is a huge motivator.  I'm Patiently Waiting...  Gonna get that bracelet and see that charm.  SOON!  

Comments

  1. I cannot wait to see that bracelet and charm on you!!! You totally deserve them!!!!! I cannot express how proud I am of you. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either! It will be an exciting day. Can't wait to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to