Skip to main content

Better A Day (Or Two) Late...

Happy Earth Day!
Happy Monday Blog Readers!  And Happy Belated Earth Day to you as well.  I must apologize for my tardiness.  Although I did weigh in and update on Saturday, I didn't post an entry, and I had several people mention that to me today.  I must say I'm happy that many of you look forward to my updates, but  I promise I wasn't looking for extra attention...basically...I was just lazy.

I was also having hard time trying to think of what to write about.  It was a pretty good week.  Doubting Thomas didn't mess with me too much this week, and things seem to be settling down.  I also have vacation coming up in about two weeks. I'm going to spend a week in Charleston, SC with my cousin.  It will be a nice time.  I haven't spent a good deal of time in Charleston since I graduated from college several years ago, so this will be a great trip...especially since I'll be able to see some of my great sorority sisters, and we'll be staying at a resort. Sa-WEET!

I do have a new milestone to mention...actually, after today, let's make that two.  Even though D.T. has been dogging my ass for the last two weeks, I've finally got to 3.4 miles in an hour on the treadmill.  That happened last Wednesday!  But...let's go one further.  TODAY I got to 3.5 miles!!  That's right!  3.5 MILES!  I swore I was crazy when I cranked up that treadmill to 4.0 mph the last
minute to get there, but I did it. I feel fantastically tired too :) I'm very pleased with the workout today, and I'm glad I got to meet that goal before the end of the month. 
I'm very close to getting under 300 pounds.  It will sure be nice to be in the 200 club again.  So, I'm going to work hard to get under 300 before I go on vacation, and I have until 5/11/2012.  I'm not going to freak out if I don't get there in time.  I just like to give myself little goals to strive for, and it keeps me motivated. CHEERS!

I noticed something funny today that made me smile, and I shared it with my Zen Master when we were finishing up in the gym.  I don't know how many of you have ever been obese, but if you have (or are), you'll relate to this.  I was sitting down on the bench, and I bent straight over and tied my shoes. Usually, I had to put my foot on something to tie my shoes because my stomach was too big to bend over and tie them.

Another little thing...I had to move my seat up in my car to reach the pedals.  This happened about two weeks ago.  I got in the car, and I couldn't comfortably reach the pedals like I normally do.  I am short (5'4") but due to my wide body, I had to put the seat back so the wheel doesn't rub my stomach.  My mom (who is 5'7") would have to move the seat up in my car to drive it, and she wondered why since I'm shorter than her.  I told her, I'm shorter..but I'm also wider than you are.

It's these little things that make me smile.  I noticed today that my fingers look different. My wrist is smaller.  I can wear my favorite watch again.  I was able to FINALLY order a Nike Fuel Band in a medium instead of large.  It's the Little Things....and they mean a whole lot.


Now...I end with a P.S.A...
I <3 Boys who Recycle... #js

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

I'm Full of Bright Ideas!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We have lovely weather here in Northeast Ohio, and I'm definitely going to take advantage of it.  My mom was sweet enough to accompany me on a 6 mile walk yesterday morning, and it was fantastic.  Usually, when I walk with someone, they have to walk to my slower pace or I'm constantly training to catch up to them.  In this case, my mom was trying to keep up with me.  She said that she hasn't run after me like that since I was a little kid running in the grocery and department stores.  We both laughed at that.  It really made me feel good.  So, why did I decide to walk 6 miles yesterday?  Well, I wanted to see how my body felt and I wanted to do it under two hours...which I did.  I finished in 57 minutes.  I also chose that distance because I was inspired by some of my friends/co-workers.  The  Cleveland Marathon  was a week ago today, and my junior Zen Master ran a half marathon.  I was very anxious to