Skip to main content

Better A Day (Or Two) Late...

Happy Earth Day!
Happy Monday Blog Readers!  And Happy Belated Earth Day to you as well.  I must apologize for my tardiness.  Although I did weigh in and update on Saturday, I didn't post an entry, and I had several people mention that to me today.  I must say I'm happy that many of you look forward to my updates, but  I promise I wasn't looking for extra attention...basically...I was just lazy.

I was also having hard time trying to think of what to write about.  It was a pretty good week.  Doubting Thomas didn't mess with me too much this week, and things seem to be settling down.  I also have vacation coming up in about two weeks. I'm going to spend a week in Charleston, SC with my cousin.  It will be a nice time.  I haven't spent a good deal of time in Charleston since I graduated from college several years ago, so this will be a great trip...especially since I'll be able to see some of my great sorority sisters, and we'll be staying at a resort. Sa-WEET!

I do have a new milestone to mention...actually, after today, let's make that two.  Even though D.T. has been dogging my ass for the last two weeks, I've finally got to 3.4 miles in an hour on the treadmill.  That happened last Wednesday!  But...let's go one further.  TODAY I got to 3.5 miles!!  That's right!  3.5 MILES!  I swore I was crazy when I cranked up that treadmill to 4.0 mph the last
minute to get there, but I did it. I feel fantastically tired too :) I'm very pleased with the workout today, and I'm glad I got to meet that goal before the end of the month. 
I'm very close to getting under 300 pounds.  It will sure be nice to be in the 200 club again.  So, I'm going to work hard to get under 300 before I go on vacation, and I have until 5/11/2012.  I'm not going to freak out if I don't get there in time.  I just like to give myself little goals to strive for, and it keeps me motivated. CHEERS!

I noticed something funny today that made me smile, and I shared it with my Zen Master when we were finishing up in the gym.  I don't know how many of you have ever been obese, but if you have (or are), you'll relate to this.  I was sitting down on the bench, and I bent straight over and tied my shoes. Usually, I had to put my foot on something to tie my shoes because my stomach was too big to bend over and tie them.

Another little thing...I had to move my seat up in my car to reach the pedals.  This happened about two weeks ago.  I got in the car, and I couldn't comfortably reach the pedals like I normally do.  I am short (5'4") but due to my wide body, I had to put the seat back so the wheel doesn't rub my stomach.  My mom (who is 5'7") would have to move the seat up in my car to drive it, and she wondered why since I'm shorter than her.  I told her, I'm shorter..but I'm also wider than you are.

It's these little things that make me smile.  I noticed today that my fingers look different. My wrist is smaller.  I can wear my favorite watch again.  I was able to FINALLY order a Nike Fuel Band in a medium instead of large.  It's the Little Things....and they mean a whole lot.


Now...I end with a P.S.A...
I <3 Boys who Recycle... #js

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Well, another week down.  It was somethin' else.  Things seemed to be moving along great.  Last week I was firing on all cylinders.  It was the last week that my gym would be closed for renovations, so I was looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule.  Kettlebells and I were getting along great.  I remember wondering where D.T. was.  He hadn't showed up for quite some time.  I felt a bit smug.  Perhaps, I had him beat.  Yeah...right. D.T. and his damn cousin Murphy came back for a visit.  They showed up every single day.  Little BASTARDS! On Monday, D.T. tried to convince me to step off the elliptical after 45 minutes.  I was so tired, so why don't I just check out early.  And, I thought about it too.  I mean 45 minutes is a substantial workout, right?  What's another 15 minutes?  I decided to stay on and back off on my intensity.  I was able to finish my hour and cool down.  So...

My Heroes

Hey all!  Another week has come and gone.  We are quickly approaching the end of 2012, and it certainly has me in a pensive mood.  I've been through so many changes this year - changes that I feel are for the better.  Makes me wonder what's in store for 2013.  I'm definitely not making any predictions because that's not the kind of person I am, and I'm not a person who makes New Year Resolutions either.  If I was, I would have lost weight a long time ago because I secretly make that resolution every year and to no avail...until this year. Funny that it was really a move to save money that kind of spearheaded my journey.  At this point, I'm grateful for anything that got my ass moving into action. And as soon as I saw positive results, my entire being just changed and I got behind this endeavor 100%.  I remember getting on that scale back on 1/28 and seeing that 15 pounds gone.  That was a huge motivator for me.  But...

Make Time...

Happy Saturday readers.  Another week has come and gone, and it was a SCORCHER!   It's been hotter than Satan's asscrack!  I hope you all had a nice Independence Day.  It's strange when a holiday falls in the middle of the week.  It makes you feel like the weekend came too early...and then you have to go back to work.  BLAH! Anyway, I had a productive week.  I only worked Monday and Tuesday this week.  And, sadly, Tuesday was the last day my workplace gym was open for the next TWO weeks.  Some renovations are scheduled, and it will not open back up until July 23.  I am really going to miss it, and when I first heard about the closing, I was quite apprehensive.  I've been doing so well, and my workouts have become a vital part of my day.  What would I do? Luckily, the other work campus also has a gym less than 5 miles away from my location.  At first, I thought I'd be able to "hotel" at the other campus so...