Skip to main content

Keeping Calm… Moving On…

Hey blog readers. Sorry for the late posting. This past weekend was crazy busy. I had two family dinners and caught up with my bestie. I was able to get an interval walk/run in on Saturday morning.
I haven’t run outside in over a month. I figured that since I hadn’t run in a while, I’d have a poor time, but I still finished with my best time yet. Each time I get faster which is what I’m aiming for. I think I’m
going to pick up intervals again during the week too. Give myself a chance to do it two times a week – once on a treadmill and once outside. Hopefully, the extra day will give me more opportunities to trim
my time.

Well, regarding my weigh in on Saturday… I’m trying to not let it bother me too much. I gained 0.6
pounds. Nothing like what happened a few weeks ago. I steadily tracked all week and exercised 6 out
of 7 days. So based on that information, one of two things happened.

1. I’m gaining muscle. Muscle is denser and weighs more than fat. However, it takes up way less
space. So, if I’m gaining muscle and losing fat, it is possible not to see much movement on the
scale. Now, if I don’t see any change in how my clothes feel as I’m going through these stages,
then that is a problem because…

2. I’m truly gaining weight.

I really don’t think it’s #2 because I’m not eating crazy and I’m still working out. I eat a good balance of
fruits and vegetables, and I have an occasional sweet, but it’s measured and contained. So, I’m going
with #1. And, I’m totally fine with that. In fact, I hope it continues.

I love the fact that I’m getting stronger. Stronger body means bigger muscles. Bigger muscles mean I’ll
be able to work harder, run faster, and jump higher. I ran for 5 straight minutes on the treadmill the
other day. FIVE STRAIGHT MINUTES!!! The Old Navy jeans that I finally got into several weeks ago… I can now pull them on and off without have to unbutton and unzip them. I had to buy two new belts,
and I bought them from Target. Not a plus size store.

So, I’m not going to freak out over what happened. At this point in my journey, it’s going to be about
more about how I feel, how my clothes feel, and how I look. I’m not going to focus on the scale like I
used to. I’m still going to weigh myself once a week, but it’s no longer the focal point.
It may take me a longer to lose this last 10 pounds to reach the century club, and if it’s due to the fact
that I’m trading fat for muscle, I’m going to keep calm and move on. I don’t mind taking my time to
reach this milestone in that manner.  I'm going to be my own Champion.

Lastly, due to recent changes in my life that are super positive (read last week’s post), I will be
postponing my Tiffany trip. Don’t worry! I’m still going to get my bracelet… just not this weekend. I’ll
get it eventually along with all of my other goal rewards. Sometimes, you just got to sit back and decide
what’s more important. 

Special Note: My biometric test is this coming Wednesday.  Wish me luck!  I should have all the results by next week.  My blog post will most likely be delayed due to the weekend festivities so I should have plenty to tell you next week.

Comments

  1. I believe it is all muscle! Remember you rock! Enjoy yourself as you make it to the century club! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right. Only time will tell. I won't give up. I'm gonna keep moving and shaking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

A Diet By Any Other Name...

Folks, you better hold on tight.  It's about to get a bit bumpy.  It's time for my first rant, and it's a doozy.  I went to my physician today.  I needed to get a form signed so I could join the fitness center at my work location.  I also wanted to discuss my medications since I was having trouble with one of them, and I didn't want it replaced with another.  I wanted to work on my diabetes with the meds I already take and include better food choices and exercise. So, I explained why I was there, and that I didn't want to take any more meds.  I wanted to get off the meds.  Doc was on-board as long as my blood work didn't show any dire situations.  So far so good. I then asked Doc if it was possible that I could get off all my meds by losing weight, and Doc said absolutely.  Again...good news. So, Doc started checking my over.  Getting my vitals and such asking how I'm planning on losing weight.  I stated that I had been on a low-carb diet before (no