Skip to main content

Delusions of Grandeur??

So, now that I've made the conscious choice to change my life and improve my health for the better, I need to set my goals.  I do have an idea of what I would like my weight to be, but I don't want that to be my ultimate goal.  I have a two goals in mind.


My first goal is accomplished when my physicians says, "You don't need to take these diabetes and high blood pressure meds anymore."  I know the reason why I'm on both is because of the weight.  I also know that type two diabetes can virtually disappear with weight loss because it's happened to me before (see previous blog post).

My second goal - get my weight down to 160 lbs.  Why 160 lbs. you ask?  Well, I'm being realistic.  I'm never going to be 135 lbs.  I've been overweight my entire life, and my body has made allowance for carrying all that weight around.  This will definitely be a work-in-progress, and I'll talk to my doctor about healthy weights.  But for me, this is a starting point.

Now, how in the heck am I going to do this?  Well, of course, eat less, move more, and make good food choices. I'm not going to deprive myself like I did before.  If I want a sweet, I'll eat one.  But I'm going to have to earn it - meaning exercise to get it. 


I'm a numbers girl.  I like graphs and tracking.  I'm motivated by numbers.  That's how I work.  So, I'm going to achieve my goals by numbers.  One week at a time.

Three years to reach my goals, and I'm breaking it down like that.  It's possible that I may reach my goals before then, but again, I'm being REALISTIC.  I have a lot of weight to lose. 185 lbs in three years, and realistic, healthy weight lost is about 2 lbs a week.  Keep in mind I'm going to have a few plateaus to work through, and I'm going to need your help to make it through when I get to those.


Gift #1

To do this, I need to loose 1.2 lbs a week.  Totally doable.   There will be times when I don't lose 1.2, but I hope that will offset when I lose more than 1.2 a week.  See, reasonable....not delusional.

Now, you should reward yourself if you obtain your goals.  I have a few treats in mind that I want to share with you.


If I lose 62.4 lbs. this year, I will reward myself by getting something from Tiffany's. I love Tiffany's blue.  It's so beautiful, and I love the boxes they come in.  So, this is gift number one.


Yeah, I'll need the bracelet too.  But...minor detail.


Gift #2

Gift at the year of year two - 124.8 lbs lost - another Tiffany's Charm.  Paloma Picasso® painter's palette charm. I love Picasso. I adore art.

My final goal - 185 lbs lost - another Tiffany's charm, but I'm not going to buy here in the US.  I'm going to cross the pond and by it in...ENGLAND!  That's right!  I'm going to reward myself with a trip to England.  I'm going to enjoy my new life, and buy a charm that will always remind me of England.  Hopefully, I'll also meet my future husband since I swoon for English accents :).

So, that's my plan.  It's reasonable...not delusional.  I want to sign off by thanking Led Zeppelin.  God bless you for Kashmir.  That 8 minute song got me to the end of my workout today.  Thanks for reading.

Keep Calm...and MOVE ON!

Comments

  1. I am so proud of you!!! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I appreciate it! You get a prize for being the first to comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some

A Diet By Any Other Name...

Folks, you better hold on tight.  It's about to get a bit bumpy.  It's time for my first rant, and it's a doozy.  I went to my physician today.  I needed to get a form signed so I could join the fitness center at my work location.  I also wanted to discuss my medications since I was having trouble with one of them, and I didn't want it replaced with another.  I wanted to work on my diabetes with the meds I already take and include better food choices and exercise. So, I explained why I was there, and that I didn't want to take any more meds.  I wanted to get off the meds.  Doc was on-board as long as my blood work didn't show any dire situations.  So far so good. I then asked Doc if it was possible that I could get off all my meds by losing weight, and Doc said absolutely.  Again...good news. So, Doc started checking my over.  Getting my vitals and such asking how I'm planning on losing weight.  I stated that I had been on a low-carb diet before (no