Skip to main content

Rolling Along...

Hey!  How's it going out there?  Another week has come and gone.  I swear time is moving super fast.  I blink and Saturday is here again.  This week went well.  I don't know if I've mentioned this earlier, but I decided to give up diet carbonated drinks.  I feel I need to focus on getting more water in me so I decided to remove diet pop and replace it with water.  I've been doing this for over two weeks now, and I thought it would be really hard, but it wasn't.  I wondered if my body would go through some weird adjustment phase, but I was fine, and I feel fine now.  I still crave them from time to time, but it isn't bad. 
YUM YUM! Just as good as a real burger.
I'm also dabbling a bit in vegetarianism.  I haven't made any decisions yet.  If anything, I will incorporate more veggie items and less meat. I've never been a big steak or chicken person.  I do enjoy eating ground beef and turkey.  I sampled the Vegetarian Black Bean burger at Max and Erma's last weekend, and it was SO DELICIOUS!  It truly rivals a regular cheeseburger, and that's saying a lot since I adore them.  Cheeseburgers are my fav!  The burger has guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and a nice green salad.  Very healthy and very delicious.  That was my very first veggie burger I ever ate.  I was so impressed that I contacted one of my very good friends, who happens to be Vegetarian, and I asked for some veggie alternatives.

I went shopping and picked up Boca Spicy Chick'n Patties and Morningstar Veggie Black Bean Patties based on her recommendations.  The Boca patties where a huge hit with my entire family.  They want to try the black bean burgers next week so we'll definitely be adding some guacamole and pico to the menu.  If you haven't added avocados to your diet, I highly recommend it.  It's one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat, and it tastes fantastic. 
 
So, as you can see by my moodie, I feel like I'm hitting the nail right on the head lately. I was very leery when deciding to use this moodie for the week because you never know when Murphy (or his law) will pop up and push me back a bit.  But, I went ahead with it because it's truly how I feel.  I'm still making great progress.  I'm seeing amazing changes in my body, and my endurance continues to increase.  I really feel that the kettle bell class I'm taking on Wednesday is making an ENORMOUS impact.  Each week we move faster and learn more skills.  Eventually, our instruction will just shout of moves, and we will do them without a demonstration.

I also discovered that the Metabolic Conditioning class (also led by my kettle bell instructor) is Cross Fit inspired. I can't believe I'm even attempting some of the circuits she has for us.  I can't believe I can do these moves.  This past week's circuit was 25 squats with a 12 lb medicine ball.  As you come out of the squat, you toss the ball in the air, catch it, and go back into the squat.  After squats, 25 burpees, which are the bane of my existence.  I can barely do 5 in a row.  After burpees, 25 push ups.  OUCH!  We have to complete as many circuits as we can in 20 minutes.  I got through 2.  I love it.  I hate it. I feel exhilarated when I'm finished because I've accomplished something that I thought I could never do.  I never thought I could work out with that much intensity.  Now I can see how Cross Fit can be addicting.  It's a very quick workout with amazing results.  I may Crawl on the way out the studio room, but I will do it with a smile on my face.  Until next week folks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is This Me?

Hello there! It's been six months since my last blog post, so I suppose it's time to let you all know what I've been up to. My goals I set for myself are still steady, and I hope by the end of the year that I've accomplished them. I'm pretty confident that I can reach them although I've been sidelined for a bit, and I haven't had the opportunity to work out as I'd like. Let me explain. As most of you know, I've been on a weight loss journey of the ages. My highest recorded weight was 361 pound circa 2006 - around the time I was in grad school. Things were quite bleak, stressful and lonely. Not to mention all the health issues I had. So I lost weight on a doctor supervised Protein Sparing Modified Fast - now popularly called Ketogenetic diet - it worked, and I got down to 220's, but it didn't stick unfortunately. At that point, I pursued weight loss surgery, and my insurance approved me for a gastric by-pass, but I wasn't sure a

It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Well, another week down.  It was somethin' else.  Things seemed to be moving along great.  Last week I was firing on all cylinders.  It was the last week that my gym would be closed for renovations, so I was looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule.  Kettlebells and I were getting along great.  I remember wondering where D.T. was.  He hadn't showed up for quite some time.  I felt a bit smug.  Perhaps, I had him beat.  Yeah...right. D.T. and his damn cousin Murphy came back for a visit.  They showed up every single day.  Little BASTARDS! On Monday, D.T. tried to convince me to step off the elliptical after 45 minutes.  I was so tired, so why don't I just check out early.  And, I thought about it too.  I mean 45 minutes is a substantial workout, right?  What's another 15 minutes?  I decided to stay on and back off on my intensity.  I was able to finish my hour and cool down.  So, at least I had him beat that day. Tuesday was just fucked.  All the way ar

Is Will Power Overrated??

Hey readers!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I had a fantastic week considering that my gym was closed down for renovations.  I had no problems adjusting my schedule to use the secondary gym.  I even popped up this past Thursday morning at 3:15 am with no fuss, and successfully completed a full Zumba routine on the Wii.  It's quite the sensation to Shake Your Body  that vigorously at 4 in the morning.  I did feel like death warmed over by 2 pm.  Let's just say I slept really good that night. I've also had three sessions with the kettlebells now.  I really like the Jillian Michaels DVD that goes with kettlebells.  She has some very challenging workouts, and it really gets my heart rate up and the sweat is pouring off me.  I'm glad that the DVD has two different workouts.  So, when I master the first one, I can move to the second, which is even more challenging.  I can tell a difference too.  My guns are popping a little bit (LOL), and I'm starting to see some