Skip to main content

I'm Back!!

Hi Readers!  Did you miss me?  It's nice to be back home and sleeping in my own bed.  I tell you...although my accommodations in Charleston, SC, were absolutely amazing, there is nothing like returning to your own bed for a restful night of sleep.

I had a good vacation.  I did some shopping...actually, I did a a lot of shopping.  I did some eating... AND...I walked.  A LOT!  If you ever get a chance to go to Charleston, I highly recommend it.  It's the perfect city to see on foot.  I went to college there so I'm very familiar with the city.  It was great to be back.  Charleston was very good to me when I was in college.  I love that city!

I was really excited to get on the road and arrive at Wild Dunes.  We stayed in a private residence condo.  It was lovely and spacious.  Just a hop from the beach.  I'm not a beach person so I really only went out there once to take a few photos.  I was really excited because Wild Dunes has two gym facilities, and I would be able to get my work out on while I was there.  Unfortunately, I found out the the gym was only for resort patrons and I didn't have access to it.  So, Plan B...I decided to utilize the many walking paths on the property.  That turned out to be the best thing ever!

Seriously...this freaked me out
when I saw it.
The trails were nicely maintained.  I walked every day I was there!  Such beautiful scenery...even say some unexpected things.  Like the possibility of alligators???  Luckily, I survived,and there were no alligator sightings.  There was a deer sighting though.  A rare Piebold deer!   I walked about 1 hour 30 minutes each day.
This deer family was a lovely sight to see.  There were six of them.  Rather nosy if you ask me... #js
Happy Feet!
On Tuesday, I decided to be a bit more ambitious and I travelled into Mt. Pleasant.  I wanted to walk across the beautiful Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge.  According to my Nike run app, I walked about 5.45 miles walking across and back.  It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed it very much.  I'd definitely do that again.


So after all was said and done...I lost quite a bit of weight while I was on vacation.  And believe me, I was eating.  I ate at Hyman's Seafood Restaurant, which was voted the best seafood restaurant in SC. I was rather excited to eat there too.  I could never afford to eat there while I was in college.  They definitely had the best hush puppies I've ever tasted.  I even purchased some hush puppy mix so I could make them at home.  I also ate at my one of my favorite college spots, Wild Wing Cafe.  It was awesome to eat Honey Mustard and Gold Rush again.  I also had a small Ben and Jerry's sundae as well as deep fried cheese cake bites, but I made sure to share the bites with my dinner companions.

 So, my vacation was a success.  I was hoping to maintain my weight and made adjustments on my LiveStrong App to help along the way.  I didn't track everything I ate because it was difficult to know exact measurements.  Sometimes I split my meals into two or three servings.  I also made sure to have a nice breakfast or lunch at the condo that I prepared myself every day. 

It's a great feeling to know that I was able to keep myself on track while I was away and have a good time too. So in honor of retracing my college roots, I'm going to end this entry with a bit of Dave Matthews Band...What Would You Say?  I say I'd love some more cheesecake bites right now :)  YUM!!

C-O...U-G...A-R-S!!

Rainbow Row, Charleston, SC






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Was Only a Matter of Time...

Well, another week down.  It was somethin' else.  Things seemed to be moving along great.  Last week I was firing on all cylinders.  It was the last week that my gym would be closed for renovations, so I was looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule.  Kettlebells and I were getting along great.  I remember wondering where D.T. was.  He hadn't showed up for quite some time.  I felt a bit smug.  Perhaps, I had him beat.  Yeah...right. D.T. and his damn cousin Murphy came back for a visit.  They showed up every single day.  Little BASTARDS! On Monday, D.T. tried to convince me to step off the elliptical after 45 minutes.  I was so tired, so why don't I just check out early.  And, I thought about it too.  I mean 45 minutes is a substantial workout, right?  What's another 15 minutes?  I decided to stay on and back off on my intensity.  I was able to finish my hour and cool down.  So...

My Heroes

Hey all!  Another week has come and gone.  We are quickly approaching the end of 2012, and it certainly has me in a pensive mood.  I've been through so many changes this year - changes that I feel are for the better.  Makes me wonder what's in store for 2013.  I'm definitely not making any predictions because that's not the kind of person I am, and I'm not a person who makes New Year Resolutions either.  If I was, I would have lost weight a long time ago because I secretly make that resolution every year and to no avail...until this year. Funny that it was really a move to save money that kind of spearheaded my journey.  At this point, I'm grateful for anything that got my ass moving into action. And as soon as I saw positive results, my entire being just changed and I got behind this endeavor 100%.  I remember getting on that scale back on 1/28 and seeing that 15 pounds gone.  That was a huge motivator for me.  But...

Make Time...

Happy Saturday readers.  Another week has come and gone, and it was a SCORCHER!   It's been hotter than Satan's asscrack!  I hope you all had a nice Independence Day.  It's strange when a holiday falls in the middle of the week.  It makes you feel like the weekend came too early...and then you have to go back to work.  BLAH! Anyway, I had a productive week.  I only worked Monday and Tuesday this week.  And, sadly, Tuesday was the last day my workplace gym was open for the next TWO weeks.  Some renovations are scheduled, and it will not open back up until July 23.  I am really going to miss it, and when I first heard about the closing, I was quite apprehensive.  I've been doing so well, and my workouts have become a vital part of my day.  What would I do? Luckily, the other work campus also has a gym less than 5 miles away from my location.  At first, I thought I'd be able to "hotel" at the other campus so...